On to Detroit!
On to Detroit! For those of you who've missed it, the US Social Forum is this June 22-26th in Detroit, MI. People in the Northwest are mobilizing in many ways to get there including:
- Organizing a Cascadia Freedom Caravan
- On June 6th there will be a Northwest to Detroit Face-to-Face meetup in Olympia with the potential of a NW PMA in Detroit. (see opposite page for agenda)
- It’s the eComedy, Stupid! - a benefit to help send Portland activists to the US Social Forum in Detroit this June.
- And setting up an email list of folx heading to Detroit whether by bus, plane, tra in, or automobile(or bike).
Proposed Agenda for NW Face-to-Face conversation prior to Detroit on June 6th in Olympia
- Deepen the conversation for those heading to Detroit
- Full northwest collaboration is rare - the USSF and the PMAs give us an opportunity
- Discuss possibility of NW PMA in Detroit
- What are our shared experiences, struggles, and strategies as folx from the Northwest?
- Who is in the room? Who is not in the room?
11:00 Intro - Organizers from Seattle, Olympia, Portland - 15 min
11:15 15 min each city - what's goin' on in your town, how can we work together - 45 min total
- Seattle (and Bellingham?)
- Portland (and Oregon?)
- Other cities?
12:00 Break into groups by sector or interest and get to know each other - 30min
- Economic Justice
- Environmental Justice
- Immigration Justice
- Queer Liberation
- Etc, etc, etc.
12:30 Lunch - potluck - 1 hour
1:30 NW PMA Discussion - 30 min
2:00 Next steps - before and after the USSF -15 min